Friday, February 14, 2014

O.M.G. On Osteopaths and Osteopathy

How did I not know about the divine practice of osteopathy?

I think of it as a way of detecting, treating and preventing health problems, especially those of the aches and pains and misalignment variety, by moving, stretching and massaging your muscles and joints.

Um, so like, basically medically-sanctioned massage that is partially covered by insurance.  Ah-mazing!

I went to my first appointment yesterday at Central Healing and walked out feeling like my neck had lengthened by two inches. 

I also learned that my scalenes suck are clenched really, really tight, my bicep muscles are surprisingly sore and tender (even though I do no weight lifting), my middle back cracks really easily, and I have really, really strong jaw muscles (from all that teeth grinding).  I also learned that I need to learn to take deep, deep breaths.

The loose and limber feeling has continued overnight and this morning I am still feeling quite open in my whole neck and shoulder area.

I am a convert.

No comments:

Post a Comment