Monday, February 10, 2014

My Meal on Cathay Pacific, TPE to HKG

I find it pretty hilarious that they insist on serving a full menu and pre and post dinner drinks on the flight from Hong Kong to Taipei and vice versa.  The flight is barely an hour and 15 minutes long, and once you take into account the time that it takes for the plane to reach cruising altitude and prepare for landing, that leaves a scant 45 minutes for the cabin crew to scramble to feed everyone and clear the plates.


I really enjoyed my meal this time, though, on my return to Hong Kong.  I noticed for the first time that they use the really nice napkins that have a designated button hole to affix to your shirt (apparently an extravagant gesture because these cloth napkins wear out much more quickly).  Too bad I was not wearing a button down shirt so I could not properly utilize it. 

I noticed not for the first time just how many pieces of silverware they provide you.  Why do they do this?  What a waste of dishwashing solution and water.  They should just give everyone one fork and one knife.  I did not use my fancy fish spork... or my second knife, or my second fork.



No comments:

Post a Comment