Tuesday, February 11, 2014

BrrrrrRrRr! And a Gardening Update

So, it has been freezing cold in Hong Kong this week.  Today it hit 4 degrees Celsius (which is barely 34 degrees Fahrenheit), which I think is the lowest I have seen in Hong Kong since I have moved here.  And I thought people were grumbling last year when it hit "an all time low" of 9 degrees!

All of this makes me QUITE worried about my precious plants and flowers.  I had transplanted my mint plants and some ivy plants this weekend that I really wish I waited to do.  These poor plants with their newly planted roots are in shock.

Fingers crossed that they all make it through this cold spell and come out OK.

I did want to share though, that I planted some mint seeds my sister had bought / gifted to Michael last year.   I was so excited when I saw little green shoots pop out last week that I watered them and crooned to them with all the proper excitement afforded such a momentous occasion.

Until they emerged some more and I scratched my head.  Did she give us clover seeds instead?

…nope.

Upon confirmation from the sis and a second opinion from Michael, I am forced to conclude these are indeed just weeds.  Doh.

Should I just leave them?  Something bloomed, darn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment