Friday, April 17, 2015

Paris - Street Scenes

During our time in Paris, we spent some time just wandering through the streets.  I would probably have rather dedicated this time to shopping, but on account of our coming during the Easter weekend many shops were closed.  I didn't plan as well as I should have…
We went to the Jardin des Tuileries on Saturday.  My goodness it was lovely - just the sunniest, brightest day, with lots of people milling about.  For some reason, a crowded park in Europe does not feel crowded at all.  I call that good city design.
 I loved these manicured trees.
 We basked in the sun and I have to say, it felt wonderful.

 

 
We stopped into this huge church in St Germain, one of the oldest in Paris.  The original nave (or parts of it, anyway) survive from the 12th century!
It's just a massive thing.
 
On our last night we walked across the Seine, through the Louvre, to dinner.  Along the way we caught a glimpse of the Eiffel Tower just before dusk.  It was all pretty romantic.
The Louvre Pyramid was lit up too.
We crossed that bridge (you know, the one with all of the locks).  Almost all of them are boarded up (and graffitied over) now - I guess they don't want people attaching any more locks at this point.  I managed to take a picture of one of the few remaining exposed sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment