Sunday, April 26, 2015

Dinner and the Orchestra - Paradise Dynasty and Chen Qi Gang

Last week I went to the Roman Festivals concert at the HK Philharmonic in the Hong Kong Cultural Center with a friend.  I was intrigued by the debut of the piece Tuan Luan by the Chinese composer, Chen Qi Gang, a musician who was permitted to leave China to pursue music in Paris in the late 1980s.

Before the performance, my friend and I went to eat at Paradise Dynasty.  Too bad I didn't get a picture of their soup dumplings, because that stuff is gooooood!  They had a jar of freshly julienned ginger on the table and plenty of tart black vinegar.

We ordered the wood ear mushrooms marinated and tossed in a slightly spicy vinaigrette, a plate of lightly sauteed baby cabbage, a bamboo steamer of soup dumplings, and the ultimate, a bowl of red hot simmering fish.  I am already thinking of my return.



The white fish was thinly sliced and delicate and tender and the glass noodles perfectly cooked.  The only thing I didn't love was the tofu skin, but I guess it adds some substance and heft to the dish.


No comments:

Post a Comment