Monday, December 8, 2014

Birthday Presents

Augh, I am in despair over how busy my days and nights have been!  It has been a hectic time of year - I've just had no time to update the blog.  I think I'm two weeks and three countries behind on my travels!

Anyway, here is a post I've been meaning to write for a while.  My birthday presents!

Not only did Michael get me flowers and bring me to a hotpot restaurant in Taipei, he ended up getting me a running outfit from Nike in anticipation of my 10K run in Angkor Wat.
Isn't the color coordination fabulous?  I love the turquoise tank and the perfect shade of lavender shorts.  It turns out these shorts saved me on my run because, novice that I am, I forgot that I would not have a bag or any kind of pockets on me on race day.  I didn't have an armband or a waistband.  The pocket was the only thing I had that day and it carried my hotel card key, my ID, and some cash.

He also got me socks - perfect Nike Dri Fit socks that are really small.  They look funny laid out on my palm - like they are meant to fit a toddler.  The socks are thick and spongy and feel good.  They are also marked for left foot and right foot! …Only the best for the professional runner that I am, after all...
Michael also got me candles and a diffuser from the Candle Store.  He knows me well because he picked the very best (floral) scents - jasmine and peony and ginger flowers.  As you can see, I couldn't resist and have started using the jasmine candle already.

Michael's mom bought me a beautiful delicate emerald pendant necklace which she shipped directly to my office.  I love it.  It came in a little pink glittery box and was packed with care.  I have received a lot of compliments on this necklace so far!



My work surprised me with a big fresh bouquet of flowers.  I was so delighted because, well, you all know how obsessed I am with flowers, but I was mostly shocked and really touched that they had not forgotten!  I had been in Taiwan and then in Seoul and my birthday was on the weekend, so I fully expected the days to go by with everyone forgetting my day.  Luckily for me, I still got a beautiful bouquet.







My secretary also did the sweetest thing - she bought me four little cupcakes from sift to help me celebrate.  Don't tell anyone but I had one of these for breakfast…

It was a great birthday.  Cheers to a fabulous 31st year!

No comments:

Post a Comment