Friday, April 4, 2014

On Travel and Grocery Shopping

Today, as I played travel agent and booked our upcoming trip in Indonesia:

via chat:

me:         hey what are your thoughts re helicopters?
M:          oh man baby
me:         is that a no?
M:          you are going to get us killed
me:         but what a way to go?!
 
... later, via telephone:
 
me:         so, seriously, are you really against flying in a helicopter?
M:          there is never a time when a helicopter is really necessary...
me:         but -
M:           ...except if we are going heli-skiing. Then I am DOWN.
me:         well, I think this helicopter transfer is a great idea and I think we should do it!!! (squeals)
M:          you realize that you act the same way when you haven't taken a vacation in a long time as you do when you grocery shop when you are hungry right? (grumbles incoherently).
 
Yeup, kiddies.  We are going to Indonesia in May!  A couple of days in Bali, a week on a teak schooner chugging along from Labuan Bajo to Lombok and the Gili Islands, with multiple stops along the way (including Komodo National Park), and a couple of days in the Gili Islands before we head back to reality.  I spent most of today finalizing the travel plans.  I am so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment