Friday, April 11, 2014

San Xi Lou - An Oldie But Such A Goodie

San Xi Lou will never fail to stir my heart.

I went there for dinner tonight. (I know, my second dinner outside of the office this week, and BOTH on week nights!)  It has been a good week.

Last night, the Chairman was a great new experience.  But tonight was very simple and satisfying. Like the most comfortable slippers or the most trustworthy robe, this restaurant just doesn't let me down.

San Xi Lou, please don't ever change.

One of my good friends is leaving Hong Kong soon and we have been brainstorming where we should take her to eat.  I know if I were in her shoes I would set up a permanent reservation and slurp San Xi Lou's Sichuan hotpot broth until my very last minutes on Hong Kong island.

I showed up for our 8 p.m. dinner so hungry I thought I was going to pass out (wow, how do people eat just a salad and soup for lunch?)

I kid you not, the entire air in the restaurant is so tantalizing and rich that even if you had no appetite… it would make you want to eat.  The air is infused with spices!

As usual, when the first dishes of food came out I could barely speak, I was focusing with such concentration and attention on the food.

Bean curd, fried tofu sheets, emperor's vegetable, fatty beef, white radish, rice noodles, mushrooms… I could not stop.

Ah, just what is it about hotpot that I love so much?  What do they put in their Sichuan hotpot broth that I just cannot get enough??



No comments:

Post a Comment