Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Roofdeck, Updated

As promised, more gardening and roof deck updates.
 I bought two mint plants and a tea flower plant yesterday to add to the growing roof top.

Two mint plants.  Fragrant, fresh tea, anyone?
The lone pepper plant (survivor!) that I mentioned in my previous post
This is the motley flowering corner
This particular plant is unfortunately not doing very well- I came back from vacation to find that it was shedding its leaves at a voracious rate.  I think it needs some serious TLC.  I have moved it into the sun and am monitoring it carefully.
This is the first plant we bought at the Flower Market back in the day.  

I also got a baby Weber secondhand just so I would have something on the roof deck that I could use to grill.   It is so small that we could easily bring it with us to the New Territories or to a park. I imagine if I were to get serious about throwing parties, we would need to invest in a much bigger gas grill (which is quite expensive out here!).
The weather in Hong Kong has been really nice lately, just really hazy.  I am currently working on a DIY candle making project, which will if all goes smoothly give me the desired multiple citronella candles that I will need to light up my roof top, for use during the day and night.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment