Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Christmas Loot and Sweet Sentiments

It has already been nearly three weeks since Christmas, so this is a bit outdated.  But I was enormously thrilled with the presents that I received and wanted to share.

I received amazing presents from loved ones, some of which are highlighted below:

- a plush, soft and fitted terry Hanro robe, which has singlehandedly improved my post-shower to bed-time hours fivefold and furthered me significantly in my never-ending quest to lounge around the apartment in comfort and bliss

- a pair of the most delicate opal and diamond earrings, which make me happy when they sparkle (and may or may not cause me to stare at myself in the mirror a bit too long)
pardon the bad picture… iPhone isn't so good with the macro shots...
- a comfortable pair of Puma flats, providing me with an added bounce in my morning commute, with the unexpected side effect of making me feel like a ninja
- a beautiful pink, purple and mauve Escada sweater with sparkly pink Swarovski crystal buttons, which I promptly wore all around town with a peach jumper and a crystal necklace, trying to channel a hippy dippy 70s vibe, see exhibit 1 below
- a lemongrass eucalyptus candle that is practically an aromatherapy massage in itself, with the added bonus of further stimulating my pyromaniac tendencies
I can only hope that the presents I gifted were as well received.  Gifts are so much fun, both to give and to get.  I have to admit though that the very best part of this past year's exchange was Michael's card to me.  It's now on the fridge and I look at it wistfully every so often.  It reads:

Dear Duck,
Merry Christmas.  I hope you like your gifts, but if not I figured I could not go wrong with this card (I loved my gift, but he was right about that.  He picked a light purple card with a really cute flower on it; clearly he knows me very well)  I love the person that you are, and hope to have many more Christmas', birthdays and just random moments to surprise you and make you happy.

Love,
Michael

Isn't that the sweetest?

No comments:

Post a Comment