Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Tasting at India House

...psych!



I was going to put up all these beautiful pictures of all the food that we sampled for the wedding, and go into my typical food critic role, until I realized that that isn't going to work.



I don't want to ruin the surprise!  You'll just have to wait and see what we chose.




On a side note, I was a little bit embarrassed to admit this before, but now I think I will just say it: I had not seen the church or the venue for our wedding before this trip.  I mean, of course I saw pictures on the web.  And with flickr, instagram, google images… you can do a lot these days.



But being physically in these spaces?  Yes, only barely three months before the wedding.



I feel like that admission opens me up to a lot of criticism from wedding gurus and planners or else just brides in general… but I was not successful in sourcing a venue on my last trip to the US (in August of last year) and we needed to pick a venue before June of this year (obviously).   So it was up to my trusty fiancĂ©.  He did a great job.



As for the church, Michael went to wikipedia and reviewed each and every Catholic church in Manhattan.  The church we originally wanted was under construction so we needed to find another.


After we narrowed it down to a short list, I asked my trusty friend (who is also a bridesmaid in the wedding) to help us take some pictures and scout them out.  She was fantastic.



So, seeing both venues on this trip, I have to say I could not have been happier with both choices. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment