Monday, June 8, 2015

Authentic Korean Food in LA

After we wrapped our lovely trip in Santa Barbara, a few of my remaining friends road tripped to LA, where we indulged in a delicious meal at a highly rated Korean restaurant, before we finally all split off on our respective ways.

It was so tasty and I loved every bit of it, though the soup base was a bit strong because by the time I finished my meal I was ready to drink the entire pitcher of barley tea they give you.

They were very generous with their panchan.  In order clockwise from top left: bean sprouts, pickled daikon, spicy daikon, sesame roasted potatoes in a sweet glaze, pickled cucumbers, and kimchee (spicy pickled cabbage).  The raw eggs in the basket were for the tofu soup base (jiggae).
They also gave each of us a home-made slice of tender tofu sprinkled with seaweed:
My friend ordered their vegetarian bibimbap which came in a beautiful assortment of colors.
This is how it looks after it has been mixed.
This is my medium spicy (ha) seafood tofu pot.  The egg has already been cracked inside the bowl.
We ordered a grilled octopus, which was very tender and charred to perfection.
We also ordered two bone-in marinated kalbi, which were quite tender and well cooked.  I have to say, I was very satisfied with the meal.

Beverly Soon Tofu Restaurant

2717 W Olympic Blvd, Ste 108
Los AngelesCA 90006
213-380-1113

No comments:

Post a Comment