Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Our US Trip - Bags are Packed (Actually, Not at All)

So I think I've mentioned that we are headed to the US soon.  We are so excited!

Michael and I are flying business class together (I think this is the first time we have managed to make this happen) in Cathay, direct from Hong Kong to Chicago.  From there, we hop on another flight to Cleveland, where we are headed for a long weekend of fun and revelry at a... wedding!

Michael's sister is getting married, yay!  Weddings are so much fun. 

My parents and sister will also attend.  Tickets have been purchased, hotels have been booked, rental cars have been rented.  I have a dress to wear.  I have sparkly heels to match.  I may even consider wearing makeup.  But I will definitely get my hair done.

This wedding promises to be an absolutely fantastic, rollicking, freewheeling fun time.  

(Thinking back on it, I can't believe that a year ago now Michael and I were running around like little headless chickens trying to get everything in order for our own wedding.  Time flies.)

After the weekend, I head to New York, New York, to my big, beloved, urbane, dirty, stinky, beautiful orderly mess of a city, to just hang out with friends and see my family and relax.  Michael will join me, eventually.  And we will soak in just about everything the city has to offer in the summer, which is, for me, the most wonderful time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment