Thursday, June 9, 2016

Lazy Public Holiday (Dragon Boat Festival, or Duan Wu Jie)

Today's public holiday could not have come at a better time!

Rather than making any travel plans, I sank into this public holiday gratefully and without planning anything more complicated or ambitious than a girls' late brunch in Wan Chai.

We celebrated a friend's birthday at The Optimist, a Spanish tapas restaurant on Hennessy Road, and aimed to meet at 1:30 pm.  Now that is the kind of leisurely start to the day that I'm talking about!

Yoga?  Thought for about 30 hot minutes about it, then promptly dismissed the idea.

Pedicure?  Actually, this one sounded really great (I only got a manicure when I went to the Nail Library) but no salons were open due to the public holiday, so I was thwarted.  I hate it (but also love it) when I'm forced to save money.

Massage?  Also thought about this for a little while, but then decided I was so lazy that I would rather laze on the couch than be rubbed down by someone else.

Yes… we are talking a new level of lazy.

But it was awesome.  It is now 9:30 pm and I have not done much else but update my pinterest page and scroll through my instagram feed.

Oh, and post this.  Oh oh and give myself mental high fives for such a fantastically non-productive day.

We have guests over for two nights in a row though, so I am resting up in anticipation of those antics!

No comments:

Post a Comment