Thursday, November 5, 2015

A Day Trip to Jiufen with My Mom

So, I guess I shouldn't have been so down about having to go to Taiwan on Friday last week.  I ended up getting to spend quite a bit of time with my mom, which was really nice.

On Saturday, we decided to take a side trip to Jiufen, a charming little town perched on the mountain in northern Taiwan.  It's about a forty minute ride from Taipei, or about an hour to an hour and a half if you take public transportation.  To save time, we opted for a private bus that took eight of us directly.
 The weather, as you can see, was not great.  But there was a romantic melancholy that settled over the whole place in the rain, which was kind of cool.  I liked barely being able to see the mountains beyond mountains in the mist.



Jiufen, as far as I can tell, is just jam packed with food, more food, shops selling cute trinkets and fun toys, and tea shops.  Brace yourself - as you can see, there are a lot of food options here!
















Unfortunately, the weather was really not cooperating!

There were endless stairs.  In the heavy rain, they became a lot less charming.
The architecture here is pretty fun.

 Very picturesque, no?
 I liked Jiufen!

No comments:

Post a Comment