Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A Networking Event at the Mandarin Oriental

So work has been a pretty long hard slog lately, but I took time to go to the insurance conference pre-venue dinner at the Mandarin hotel yesterday.

On the first floor, there are a set of rooms across the lobby from the Chinnery and next to the Mandarin Bar & Grill that I've never noticed.

]




 I was really surprised that the event was not just drinks and cocktail snacks, but rather a full sit down three course dinner with appetizer (lobster and micro greens and sweet potato), entree (steak with truffled potatoes and roasted baby beets) and dessert (cheese and berries), as well as wine and coffee and tea.

I only had time for appetizer and entree, but I loved the gorgeous surroundings, and I actually had a lot of fun networking with everyone at my table.  It was the first time at a conference in Hong Kong where nearly everyone at my table spoke Mandarin, and the conversation was mostly carried out in Mandarin.



No comments:

Post a Comment