Saturday, July 6, 2013

SiJie Private Kitchen

My obsession with Sichuan cuisine is skyrocketing out of control.  I love the numbing, crackling heat of the Sichuan peppers, and the incredibly satisfying, flickering burn as I devour each dish... it's like I can't get enough before my next hit!

Si Jie is one of my favorite Sichuan restaurants (though I assure you the bar is not high) even though it is technically billed as a private kitchen.  In its new space in Causeway Bay, though, it looks and feels just like a restaurant.  Because one of my very best friends was visiting, I couldn't resist taking her there to sample some of my favorite dishes.  Yummmmm.
Fish in hot chili oil - the only dish I didn't think was done that well.  A little too oily.
"Married Couple's Slice of Lung" - the Chinese are so good at naming dishes...click here for the supposed origin

Red chili chicken, one of my favorites.  You just have to get good at dodging the chili peppers and peppercorns
Another Sichuan classic, dry fried string beans - these were reaaaaaally good.
Cold spicy noodles - probably my favorite appetizer

No comments:

Post a Comment