Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Nail Art at Nail Library

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I won a voucher at a raffle from Nail Library -- well, this past Friday I decided to redeem it for a beautiful manicure.  I've never done nail art before - I usually opt for a single solid color.  In fact, I've never even had a French manicure.  But this time I was determined to have some fun. 

Nail Library is a very cool looking space, both inside and out.  I thought the atmosphere was fantastic.  I had a really skilled and patient nail technician.  I'm glad, because it was really hard to make up my mind about what color and design I wanted.

No. 6, the coolest kid on the block.

A place to sit and chill... and show off your newly lacqured mitts?

Floor to ceiling knick knacks.  The ceilings are very high in this piece.

Cool, industrial surroundings.  Love the ladder.

Nail polish interspersed with champagne and fragrance diffusers and lotions... nice!

Too many choices... They also had Ciate, Deborah Lippman, Tom Ford, and all kinds of other brands I hadn't even heard of

Delicious iced tea and the pastel multi-color combo I was contemplating

End result.  Kind of a Ukrainian gymnast meets Cirque du Soleil mash-up.
I'm so glad I got to try this place out, but I have to admit that nail art might not be my thing.  You have to paint on so many layers that the nail polish is quite thick.  I think I will stick to solid colors.  However, there are still nail art options to explore: bedazzle... caviar nailpolish... or just multi-color fingernails.

No comments:

Post a Comment