Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Wandering Through Wan Chai

This past weekend I went on a random stroll through Wan Chai.  I had forgotten what a vibrant and hectic place the markets are.  Here are some snaps.  I will leave it to your imagination as to the smell and the noise...
Fresh meat for sale!
What animals do these things belong to?  I walked by quickly, not wanting to know.

I forget sometimes how clearly the new and the old exist side by side here.
I stopped in at a traditional old dessert place, Tsui Yuan, to sample their wares.
With egg whites, almond paste, black sesame, lotus seeds and red dates littering the menu, Chinese desserts are all about the health benefits.  Below, their explanation of what each ingredient does.
 My bowl of almond paste (which sounds and maybe looks less appetizing than it was).

No comments:

Post a Comment