Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Soccer Match at Tai Po Market

Because one of the best things to do when the weather hits nearly 100 degrees is to run around nonstop on a completely unshaded turf, with a bunch of other sweaty, smelly men, putting oneself in danger of heatstroke and sunburn… glutting it out for not an hour or two but nearly three...Michael played a game with a team this weekend at Tai Po Market in the New Territories.

Have I made it fairly obvious that I do not consider the above activity fun?

I decided to go and check it out too, but in a vastly more comfortable, shaded, sunblock-wearing, water-guzzling, Kindle-toting, internet-checking, sitting capacity.

They played at Kwong Fuk Park, right next to the MTR station.
This was the field.  It was actually really nice.  Looks like grass right?  But it wasn't.
 A view of Michael from behind as he prepares to get back onto the field.  Beautiful backdrop right?  Guess the fine male specimen in the forefront is not bad either…!
 The blue team and the red team, going at it.
 Can you see Michael?  He has white cleats on.  I guess I was sitting farther away than I realized.
 Once again, can you spot Michael?  Will give you a clue, he is in blue.

At this point in the process I was really sweaty and hot and stopped taking pictures.  I think I got a pretty good tan from this soccer match!  Who said being a spectator was easy work...

No comments:

Post a Comment