Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Weekend in Taipei!

I'm very excited!  I made a super last minute decision to go to Taipei again this weekend. 

I still have a ticket left over from May which I didn't get to use and has already expired but for my loud complaining to the ticket agent, and last time we didn't even have a chance to actually show Michael around Taipei (not that that was a bad thing, because we had a very good reason) but I have been having itchy feet all year and now it's like all I want to do is go on trips.  And write really really long run on sentences.

Anyway.  We will stay at the Landis Hotel in Taipei and hopefully just chill in the pool during the hot days and roam the markets at night.  And gorge ourselves on food and fruit, but that will be at all hours.

We depart in just over 24 hours and will only be in Taiwan for 48 hours, but I hope it helps cure some of my cabin fever.

Weather forecast shows highs of 92 and 94, yowza!  Hope we don't come back with heatstroke...

I recently read that having vacation plans is the best anticipation and actually leads to MORE happiness than the trip itself (oftentimes).  I am not certain that that is true, but about to test out the theory with the remaining upcoming trips this year:

To that end, I have a five-day girls trip to Koh Samui coming up in August where we will eat a lot of coconut ice cream, do yoga nearly every day, get Thai massages and manicure pedicures in our private villa, the Baan Grand View.  I have not been to the islands of Thailand yet and am super excited to see this slice of paradise.

And I just booked a trip to Siem Reap to run a 10-K in Angkor Wat in early December.  That trip will be decidedly less fun because I have to run... but I think it will be awesome to run in a UNESCO World Heritage Site of such grandeur, beauty and history! Plus the run is for just one morning.  Then I will be able to indulge in eating and sightseeing to my heart's content. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment