Sunday, May 18, 2014

Heartbreak Sour and Spicy Noodles, Take Two

Those of you who read my previous post about heartbreak sour and spicy noodles know that I am slightly obsessed with this Chongqing specialty.  Faced with a craving that I could not overcome, last weekend I succumbed and trudged out to Causeway Bay (in the pouring rain) to dip into a steaming bowl of numbing spice.  

Being the person that I am, however, I was not content to frequent the same restaurant that I went to last time.  I went to try another Heartbreak Sour and Spicy Noodle restaurant.  This one is more upscale, located on the tenth floor of Jardine Centre at 50 Jardine's Bazaar.




 They have this purple rice noodle that I was intrigued by, but I chose the minced pork version instead of the sour and spicy version, not realizing the minced pork version would have no soup.  Having tried it, I think I will stick to the original heartbreak noodles in soup.  While this one had the same delightful numbing spice, I prefer the extra flavor from the soup.  Guess the original is the original for a reason!
They serve a big bowl here!
Confusingly, it is the same name as the other restaurant, and a myriad of other restaurants in Hong Kong.
 This restaurant has a fan wall.
 The doorway leading into the restaurant from the elevator.
In the lobby, it is the restaurant with no English name in green.

No comments:

Post a Comment