Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Happy Mother's Day - a Toast of Gardenias

In a belated post to all of the mothers out there (happy mother's day!), here are some virtual gardenias for your viewing pleasure.

It has been a while since I posted a flower post, in part because I have been shooting most of my flower shots over to instagram instead of on this blog.  But gardenias may just be my very favorite flower (and that is saying a whole lot) and so I can't resist splashing pictures of them everywhere.   Fittingly, gardenias are the traditional flowers associated with Mother's Day.
 Look at those heavy, thick petals!
 The luxuriant creamy color!
 The complex, wickedly sensual scent!
Aren't they glorious??

I have been carrying these flowers around the apartment with me, stooping every so often to plunge my nose unapologetically into the bouquet to sniff deeply.  Too bad gardenias have such a short shelf life.  But their epehemeral, fleeting state probably only enhances their elegance and beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment