Sunday, May 25, 2014

Coral Manicure and Robin's Egg Blue Pedicure

I have really been on a nail painting kick lately.  For someone who was not allowed to wear polish on her toes or hands until she was over 16 (my dad can be strict in weird ways), I was pretty interested in manicures, as a fun and exciting but forbidden activity.  Unlike my sister (who may have managed to sneak in a few manicures in subtle colors and claim innocently when questioned that "it is oil from eating with my hands") I was a goody goody and actually obeyed my dad's arcane and arbitrary rule.

So, before 16, it was not allowed, and after 16, I ceased to care.  Funny how things happen like that. 

Even in New York, the cheap manicure and pedicure capital of the US of A, I did not fall prey to time consuming and expensive (it adds up) habit.  But now... but now!

Since moving to Hong Kong, I have really begun to relish this somewhat strange but oh-so-satisfying ritual of getting my nails done. Maybe it is because open toed shoes are possible here all the days of the year. Or maybe it's because I have taken a new shine to my hands and fingers, so I want them to be pretty. Or maybe it's because everyone here always has nice, fun, inspiring colors.  Or maybe it's because nail technology has advanced significantly, what with the advent of soft gel and shellac (rendering the polish longer lasting and immune to chipping and scratching). It's likely all of the above.

Without further ado, I bring you my new coral pink manicure.  I did not really even try but they matched my outfit perfectly.

I went for robin's egg blue on my toenails.  My camera makes them look almost neon but it really is just a bright blue. 
Funnily enough, I couldn't make up my mind to get them both done at the same time, so I went with my friend to ManiPedi in Central to get the manicure, then got my pedicure at NailMe in Wanchai.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, I need your advice please. How do you think, which manicure tables should I buy for spa salon today? Which high quality brands do you know? Thanks for your reply!

    ReplyDelete