Sunday, October 20, 2013

Blue (Shopping) Streak

Do you ever, without even realizing it, gravitate toward a particular color or pattern or theme when you are shopping?  It took me a while but I finally realized that recently, I have been picking up the color blue.  A lot.  A year ago you would have been hard pressed to find anything blue in my wardrobe (except jeans - my preference tends to be dusty pinks, gray, white, or else really floral patterns).  But now, it's a different story.

Without further ado, here are my recent blues (in reverse chronological order).

I picked up this Rebecca Taylor silk dress in Shanghai.
This is true to the dress's color.  It has pockets (yay!) which blend in pretty well with the pleats around the waist
I love the tie dye print.  I love the drop tie sleeves.  I love the luxurious, creamy feel of the silk.  
I think I kind of love everything about this dress.

I picked up this (quite heavy) S. Nine dress by designer Susanna Soo during her recent sample sale in Hong Kong:

I was pretty mesmerized by all of this bunched up fabric.  I think it is kind of crazy overwhelming awesome all at the same time.
I was also very enamored with the patches of mesh strategically scattered throughout the dress.
I have not yet had a chance to wear this dress... I am hoping to wear it to a friend's wedding at the end of this year.


I bought this blue cotton sheath dress designed by the French brand Moncollet, which I really only wear to work:
The arrow print was irresistible.
I loved this one so much that I decided to get another:
This one I like a little less because the blue is not a true, deep navy like I expected.
Now it just remains to be seen whether this blue streak is a good or a bad thing?   What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Love the blue! That Rebecca Taylor dress is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete