Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Night at the Races

Last night, work organized a horse racing event at The American Club's box on the fourth floor of the Happy Valley racetrack.  I've posted about the races before, and it's always a fun time, but this time it was a more posh experience.  There was an all you can eat Western and Chinese dinner buffet, plus all you can drink sodas, hot beverages and beer.  I was grateful for the heavily air conditioned boxes.  And the personal betting counters (no lines!) were a very nice plus.


Entrance is like a night club

Special badges, woot woot

The box
 Views from the box were pretty great:

Thundering toward the finish line




Paparazzi swarm the owner of the winning horse.  Big prize money!

One of the perks is getting to see the horses from the member's enclosure

The horses are really beautiful

Members can also meet the jockeys.  These guys are TINY.
 Overall, I had a good night.  It would have been a significantly better night, however, if my $20 bet had brought me the $880 returns it should have.  Unfortunately, I got "quinella" mixed up with "quinella place," and made the wrong bet!  I'm never going to forget this... it's sad to have lost, but it's agony when you would have won except you chose the wrong category when placing the bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment