Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Politics, Politics, Politics

I can't believe the US presidential elections are here.  Eeeeep.  I will be glued to the early action as it unfolds, and then will be waking up just as the results start getting called... this will be the second presidential election taking place while I am an expat, and it feels so much more surreal this time around, perhaps because this is an election campaign that has held more moments of disconnect and dismay for me than any other in my recent memory.

Separately, Hong Kong has been having its own drama this past weekend - two candidates nominated to the Legco have been barred by Beijing, on the basis that the language they used during their swearing in speeches were inflammatory and derogatory, which has led to uproar and pepper spray and outrage.




No comments:

Post a Comment