Saturday, January 24, 2015

Hot Yoga and All You Can Eat at Bombay Dreams

Oh hello, Saturday afternoon here.  Already nearly a full month into 2015... where has the time gone?

I've recently become a hot yoga devotee again.  Not sure what has inspired my enthusiastic return to the practice - maybe the cold and damp months of the Hong Kong winter make a humid, heated, sweaty room more appealing again.

I definitely go through phases.  For a while, probably over a year, I was not interested in hot yoga at all.  I was keen to explore more power poses such as handstands, bakasana, koundinyasana...but now I'm back.  Sweat soaked yoga clothes are piling up rapidly in my laundry basket once again.

It is so satisfying to sit in a cold shower right after a hot yoga session - I have no better way to express it than to say that I feel so clean after the experience.  Lots of yoga teachers talk about the body being a towel being squeezed during a hot yoga practice (flushing out the toxins through various deep twists).  I think there must be some truth in it because that's a pretty good description of how I physically feel when I emerge from the room.

Another benefit of hot yoga is the guilt free eating that comes afterward.  Not that I really feel guilt about eating usually, but you know what I mean.  The food tastes better because it is well earned.

My friends and Michael and I went to the all you can eat buffet at Bombay Dreams.  I didn't take a picture of my first plate.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for such a well written article. It’s full of insightful information and entertaining descriptions. Your point of view is the best among many. capri workout pants

    ReplyDelete