Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Dinner at Sorabol in Causeway Bay

Over the weekend I had a chance to go to Sorabol, an oldie but a goodie, to have a very relaxed, mellow catch-up with a couple of girlfriends.  Sorabol has locations in Causeway Bay and Tsim Sha Tsui, as well as in the airport.

We went to the Causeway Bay location, in Lee Theater Plaza, where I experienced a quintessential Hong Kong moment: waiting in line for the elevator.
 Sorabol's decor is not fancy, but I like it.  Simple and homey, and usually pretty packed!


 The menu is in Korean, English and Chinese, with clear pictures to illustrate each dish.  The pictures are a great way to whet your appetite.
 The meal comes with pan chan, lots of little complimentary dishes.  I liked all of Sorabol's pan chan except for the broccoli (they were a bit flavorless) and the marinated vegetables (they tasted a bit sour).  I loved (loved loved) their kimchee (both kinds) and probably ate well more than my fair share.
We ordered a marinated beef bulgogi with vegetables, which was cooked in a broth.
 We also ordered a tofu kimchee jiggae, which was very tasty.
We also ordered a kimchee pancake, not pictured, which was slightly more doughy than I expected.

I was very happy for my Korean fix, and am now, looking at these pictures again, contemplating buying a jar of their kimchee to feed my seemingly never-ending, bottomless desire.

Sorabol
18/F, Lee Theater Plaza
99 Percival Street
Causeway Bay Hong Kong
+852 2881 6823

No comments:

Post a Comment