Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Assorted Work Lunches and Dinner at Carbone

I've been going out to eat a fair amount recently, and I thought I'd include some of the ones I really enjoyed recently below.  Each meal will get a representative picture.

A new associate has joined the office who likes to eat spice nearly as much as I do - much to my happiness and delight.  We went to Sichuan House for lunch last week and I got to enjoy their fiery, saliva-inducing, heart-palpitating, wonderful, Mandarin fish filets in chili oil broth.  The thick glass noodles here are divine.  I am already wondering when I can come back.

On Friday of last week, a bunch of associates gathered at Shanghai Garden for lunch.  Pictured below are some of the more novel appetizers we tried: drunken chicken (doused in Shaoxing wine), pickled jellyfish, and pork terrine (Asian style).  We also had fried okra, stir fried noodles with shredded pork and baby cabbage, and stir fried rice noodle cakes with vegetables.  The dessert, glutinous sesame balls in fermented rice, was delightful.

Over the weekend, Michael and I went on a double date with our very dear friends, at Carbone.  We usually manage to see the other couple once every month and a half or two months, when our travel schedules finally overlap, but each encounter is always a joy.  We ordered a most delicious bottle of Chianti classico, then started the party with a bang with a dozen oysters.
We also got clams served three ways, one of which was topped with sea urchin, fresh burrata with heirloom tomatoes, a platter of spicy vodka rigatoni, and a huge veal chop parmigiana.  It was all very yummy.  Okay, one more picture, because I can't resist.
I am going to Fuku by Nishimura for lunch tomorrow, so I hope to have a good picture to post of that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment