Thursday, December 3, 2015

Thanksgiving Meals and Cute Birthday Presents

We celebrated Thanksgiving a few times this year, with a lovely dinner at Stone Nullah Tavern and also a delicious brunch at my friend's apartment.

At the restaurant, all you can eat:

Biscuits, cranberry sauce and fresh green salad.
 Turkey cooked two ways (garlic roasted, southern fried), stuffing and broccoli four cheese casserole.
 Apple crumble with vanilla ice cream and pecan pie.

 At my friend's party:

The spread, minus the mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce.
 Sweet potato casserole.  Yum.
 I also brought a big green salad with a delicious garlic balsamic vinaigrette, but neglected to take a picture of it.  I used the beautiful bowl that my sister gave us for our wedding.

Here, a piecaken, have you heard of this naughty creation?  This was a cherry pie within a chocolate cake.  They were very sweet and put a candle on top, and sang happy birthday to me!
 My friend gave me a beautiful birthday card (Rifle paper goods are so amazing!)
 And the sweetest bouquet with a little rainbow polka dotted ribbon. 
Another friend gave me the most charming little gel manicure set, called the macaroon because of its resemblance to the dessert.  The whole thing is just so pink and so cute.  I can't wait to try it!
I also received little gifts of jewelry (earrings and a bracelet) in the mail from Michael's mom!  Getting a package made easing (plunging?) into work on Monday a little bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment