Sunday, December 6, 2015

Lunch at Porterhouse by Laris

I went to a nice client development lunch this week, at the new Porterhouse by Laris in LKF.

They had their Christmas decor up.  It is a very pretty space.
They have an outdoor area that would be good for drinks in warm weather.
The ceilings are very high.

We opted for their set lunch menu.
I liked the triangular glass reflective ceilings.
There was an extravagant bar with what looked like a seafood buffet:
I opted for their squash soup to start (it was a little too oily for my liking, and not creamy enough).
I opted for the strip loin which came with shoestring fries (which were too heavily salted):
But my meat was perfectly cooked, very nicely seared on the outside and perfectly medium rare (almost rare) on the inside.  I always get medium rare, and usually it comes more medium than rare, which really upsets me.  What is the point of ordering an expensive slab of meat if it doesn't come to me bloody and tender, I ask you?
We also got a side of spinach, which was exquisitely tender and sautéed with anchovies!  Yum.
My co-worker ordered the chili linguine with sea urchin and baby asparagus, which she told me was very nice, and not too spicy.

Overall, not a bad meal - it also comes with freshly baked bread and French butter.  The service was a little bit choppy, in that it took them a very long time to bring out our entrees (typical Hong Kong issue), but they then comped us our dessert (the chocolate raspberry mousse cake).  We packed it to go and brought it back to the office, but I didn't eat it so I can't comment.

Porterhouse by Laris
7/F, California Tower
36 D'Aguilar St.
Central Hong Kong
2522 6366

No comments:

Post a Comment