Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Brunch at the Continental

This past Sunday, I went to hot yoga with some friends and followed it up with brunch at the Continental in Pacific Place, which used to be the Domani Restaurant.  My friend says the decor has stayed almost exactly the same - they just changed the name.
It is a really pretty and really huge space, with big windows and a view of a lot of greenery, which is just so rare in Hong Kong. I also quite liked the ceiling.

They really went in on the green, though:


They serve fresh warm bread with butter:
They have a different weekend menu than their weekday menu:
 My friend ordered the kedgeree (I did not even know what this was!):
My friend and I shared a starter salad of butter lettuce with radish (the deconstructed salad once again makes an appearance - that best friend of Hong Kong restaurants trying to hide their tiny portions):
I ordered the poached eggs on avocado and toast, which was a bit bland, not to mention one of my poached eggs had broken:

A shot of the table from above:

We finished with chocolate soufflé:

Three out of four of us are wearing striped shirts.  Three out of four of us have November birthdays.  Coincidence?  I think not!



Continental
L4, Pacific Place
88 Queensway
Admiralty, Hong Kong
2704 5211

No comments:

Post a Comment