Thursday, August 27, 2015

A Sisterly Brunch at Locanda Verde

My sister and I enjoyed a lovely late lunch at one of my favorite spots in the city, Locanda Verde, in Tribeca on Friday afternoon.  I was trying to wrap my head around the fact that the church rehearsal was happening, and quickly followed by rehearsal dinner and the wedding itself…and I figured the best thing to do was to relax with one of my dearest people and just sit back and enjoy life.

New York was jaw-droppingly beautiful that afternoon.  Tribeca was its usual impeccably charming self, with cobblestones, huge windows, warehouse lofts, brick apartments, garden rooftops…(yes I miss this city).

We got some sheep ricotta cheese with herbs and lightly toasted bread:
 An amazing duck ragu pasta:
 And a tuna salad:

I am so grateful I got to spend time with my sister during my visit to the US this time around.  As I get older I realize very much how these moments are so precious.  I'm so proud that she is headed to Harvard for law school in the fall.  She is brilliant and sweet and capable and all kinds of wonderful and I am so grateful to her for all of her help and support (along with my sweet bridesmaids) for the wedding!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm reading this with baited breath waiting for all the wedding details! So wish I could have been there but so glad you were surrounded by so many other people who love you.

    Hope you're having a great time on the beach and the weather is behaving itself!

    ReplyDelete