Friday, December 21, 2012

Ski Equipment and Street Eats

Random blog title, I know, but that was what I spent today in Mongkok doing: searching for cold weather clothing and accessories, and eating whenever I saw street food that looked intriguing/appetizing.

Now that our departure to sub-zero arctic zones is imminent, I have been wandering all over Hong Kong checking things off my list: Ski pants, check.  Long underwear, check.  Fleeces, check.  Synthetic shirts, check.  You get the idea.

As for the forecast for our trip... let's put it this way: St. Petersburg looks like the warmest of all the cities we are hitting up, and it will have a high of 32 degrees Fahrenheit.  in contrast, Ruka is a cool -20 degrees at night.  I'm a little bit nervous.

But I did get myself a (very colorful) ski jacket today:

Shell
Inner jacket, which zips into the shell
I also got an egg waffle (made from a sugar and flour batter that smells so darn good when it's cooking), and tried a coconut wrap for the first time.  Verdict on both items: tasty!






No comments:

Post a Comment