Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Busy Monday

So begins the week of 7 AM calls and working until midnight.  This week is gonna suck.  I keep telling myself that it's ok and it will be worth it because we might close on Friday.  And then I will have my reward and I can go on holiday and enjoy Christmas.  But I am feeling it tonight from 10+ hours of hunching over a keyboard and frantically trying to get everything done.  And it's only Monday.

You'd think that a compulsive list maker like myself (I currently have three lists going) would like checklists for closings.  And I do like them - there is nothing as satisfying as shading out a whole bunch of rows of completion deliverables (oh yes, my life is awesome).

Howeverrrrr, I hate closing checklists because closings make me so anxious.  What if I forget something or make a fatal mistake on something irreversible that is due that day and cannot be remedied, for example the original signature pages to the deed of transfer that has to be stamped by a special agent or else the millions upon millions of dollars cannot be wired, and then I. am. screwed.

Plus my allergies in this city are acting up something fierce.  I can't seem to do anything without  wanting desperately to sneeze.  My throat and ears itch.  It's like a fuzzy caterpillar is crawling around in my sinuses.  Nice visual, right?

One happy thought: I got a travel Scrabble set this weekend.  I opted for the pocket sized magnetic version even though a lot of people have said that it is flimsy.  I'm hoping we get to use it on the long plane and train rides on our vacation.  Thinking happy thoughts.

The picture doesn't reflect just how tiny this Scrabble set is.

No comments:

Post a Comment