Thursday, December 20, 2012

Mmmm Montezuma's Chocolate

A colleague from the London office that I'd been working with has been traveling around the world with his girlfriend, and just passed through Hong Kong, his last stop.  We met up today at Zuma, a fancy Japanese restaurant close to work, along with two other local counsels that worked with us on the recent deal that consumed my life (was that only a week ago? Amazing).

The lunch was a nice mix of backgrounds, consisting of a Cayman qualified lawyer and British Virgin Islands qualified lawyer who had each lived and worked in London and Hong Kong, a British qualified lawyer who had lived and worked in London and New York, and me, rounding out the mix nicely (if i say so myself) as the American qualified lawyer who had lived and worked in New York and Hong Kong.

Anyway, the food was pretty good, but the service was sloppy (food brought out very unevenly, in the wrong order and at odd times) and I just didn't think the food was as tasty as I remembered.  Plus I was still hungry after we finished eating (a major no-no in my book when the food is so expensive and there are three courses!) but I was also too embarrassed to be the only person to ask for a dessert menu.

Well, to round out the hunger pains, thankfully, my very thoughtful colleague had brought me some chocolate!  Montezuma's chocolate.  I'd never heard of it but apparently it is quite famous in Britain.   I am sampling the geranium and orange flavored dark chocolate bar as I type.  Quite lovely.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment