Sunday, November 5, 2017

November in Hong Kong and Baby Shower BBQ

It's hard to believe we are in November already!  Hong Kong weather has finally cooled down a little bit and the humidity has lessened somewhat, although it is still surprisingly warm considering Thanksgiving is just over two weeks away.  Wow!  This year has flown by.

Since closing one of my deals this past week, I've been trying to take it easy, savoring these last few relaxing and quiet days before my life takes a momentous and irreversible turn.  I have one more deal slated to close before Thanksgiving, and then I hand over the reins and start my maternity leave.

In the meantime, we have painted one accent wall of the nursery this Dulux Aqua Tint color - after two coats, it is a little darker than this paint swatch.  We are waiting for the baby animal prints to be delivered, as well as a custom drawer/diaper changing station that we ordered.  Hopefully soon pictures of the nursery will be ready to be debuted.
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays of the year, and I am hopeful that this year will be extra special, with all of these new and exciting things taking place!  It sounds like plenty of plans involving food and merriment are already brewing and underway, so I am looking forward to sitting down with friends here to celebrate and, of course, eat a lot.

We have never had a real Christmas tree here, and this year, given everyone that is visiting (including our new and precious arrival) we decided to get a real one.  I ordered a 4-5' Noble fir, and it's slated to be delivered at the end of the month.  I have to go get lights and ornaments and a tree topper!  It will be really fun to get into the holiday spirit.

We had a co-ed barbecue party/baby shower yesterday, but in the hustle and bustle I completely neglected to take pictures of the room and the food! It was a beautiful and airy space.  Here I am, at nearly 36 weeks!


My friend got beautiful aqua and peach balloons that we scattered around the room, with a huge spray of white tiger lilies as the center piece (you know me, never one to pass up an opportunity for fresh flowers!), and we had sirloin steaks, burgers, hot dogs, sausages, potato salad, a Greek salad with homemade dressing, corn on the cob, watermelon, cupcakes from Sift, freshly made chocolate chip cookies... and lots of alcohol.  Prosecco (with choice of grapefruit or orange juice accompaniment), beer, white wine, rose, gin and tonics...we were well stocked. 

Michael did a masterful job on the grill, and our helper, Jovielyn, was essential in helping us with seasoning the steaks and shaping the hamburger patties, making the salads and chocolate chip cookies from scratch, and assisting on the grill. 

Thankfully I did manage to get some pictures with a few friends.


 This may be my favorite photo series of the afternoon - my friend's 11 month old baby couldn't take his eyes off of one of the pretty ladies!
 Eventually, he couldn't resist reaching out.  How adorable!!
I think the party went well, judging by the fact that it went nearly three hours past the time we had the room reserved.  Thankfully our building was pretty patient and no one came down to bother us.   Despite the fact that we said we wanted no presents, everyone was super generous and brought a little something for our little one!  Yes, there is a bottle of whiskey in there - that's clearly for the parents - or maybe just for Michael in the delivery room, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment