Wednesday, November 15, 2017

The Belly: 37 Weeks!

Here is the Belly at 37 weeks, today!
This picture was taken after my pre-natal yoga class, which I have finally started attending this week.   I think I'm finally ready to cave and stop going to my regular yoga classes.  I previously shunned the pre-natal yoga classes because they seemed so easy and so boring, but now I'm at the point where I can't bend over and touch the floor any more and even really basic movements like moving my leg into a lunge pose from a downward dog has to be done in two steps... 

Sometimes the Belly twitches and jumps without warning.  There have been a slew of hiccups this past month, and now that the baby is currently in the right position, head down (please stay that way!) I feel them pretty consistently by my lower left hip. 

There have also been some sharp elbows/knees/feet, and it seems the baby has a penchant for a few spots in particular.  What never ceases to amaze me is how strong some of these kicks or rolls are!  One was so sharp in my right hip bone area that it actually made me exclaim aloud, and often my hand reflexively goes toward whatever sharp little knob is poking out, to try to soothe it away.

We are getting close!  Eeeeeep.

No comments:

Post a Comment