Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Happy Halloween!

I hope everyone had a grand ole' time dressing up for Halloween!  We were pretty oblivious this year  - I didn't give any thought to costumes, we attended no Halloween parties... about the only thing I did to get into the spirit was to allow myself the guilty pleasure of a packet of sour strawberry belts (yummmmm) and some gummies (yummmmm).  Turns out, I haven't lost my sweet tooth for sour and artificial candies at all - just have been trying to keep it in check given the baby.

Michael and I went to a friend's new apartment in Tin Hau for a game night this weekend.  We ate Taiwanese food takeout, everyone (but me) enjoyed champagne and gin and tonics, and we admired the beautiful (seriously breathtaking!) and unobstructed view they had of Victoria Harbor.  Their apartment was really well designed - one of those refurbished ones in Hong Kong where you see how much thought and care had been used to make a small space not only live-able but comfortable.

They had Nintendo 64, which allowed Michael to revive some of his power-sliding and trash talking skills, and then they introduced us to this awesome game called "Ticket to Ride," which is basically a board game where you win by racking up the most number of points, which are accumulated by building up as many continuous segments of trains as possible.  Have you noticed that I really like board games that tend toward money, monopoly, cartels, control, market and economic domination, with a bit of strategy and luck thrown in?  I wonder what this says about me...

It was great fun but we left way too late (as always happens with game night) and while I was totally into it while we were throwing down, I had to admit that my back and legs were really sore and tired after hours of playing.

On Sunday, I went to a friend's baby shower, where we sat around eating all kinds of barbecued meat and sausages, followed by cupcakes and cake (it was as healthy as it sounds)!  There were lots of little kids there, and not just one but two (!) sets of baby twins.  My friend is due right around the same time as me, which is pretty fun.  We joke that we may end up in the hospital together at the same time - and we happen to be registered at the same hospital, Matilda.

Incidentally, on one of the deals I'm working on for a medical practice, a doctor told me that Matilda is good for "babies and bones," i.e., maternity and orthopedics.  Good to know!

Otherwise, the exciting news this week is that (1) we finally sold our guest bed (YES!) and (2) I've closed a deal today that started way back in early March.  Woohoo!  It feels so nice to get it completed and off my plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment