Monday, March 30, 2015

Niseko Trip Report - Bang Bang

We went to check out this izakaya restaurant, Bang Bang (which incidentally was so successful that there was also a Bang Bang 2) on the Friday night of our trip.

We ordered nonstop yet again...


 Oysters to start.  Very delicate, briny and tasty.
 The oysters were so tasty we got another platter.

Scallop sashimi.


Chicken yakitori.

Fried pumpkin.

Pork and organ skewers.
 Liver and beef tongue skewers.
 Chicken skin skewer.
 Chicken sausage wrapped in shiso leaf skewers.
 Spicy fried chicken.
 Fried tofu with fermented soybeans.  The interior is a slimy slightly stinky texture that's not for the faint of heart. 
 
Pork cartilage skewer.   I actually didn't try this one but my friends said it was delicious.
Deer skewers, a special that night.  Surprisingly delicious and much more tender than I expected. 
 Another platter of fried chicken.
 Roasted eggplant topped with bonito flakes.  I love how the eggplants here are green!
 Dessert to finish the night.  The apple tart with ice cream (not shown) was my favorite.  It was devoured before I could take a picture.

Bang Bang was pretty good, but overall I think I still like Ezo Seafoods the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment