Sunday, February 15, 2015

Eye Infection… Again

I am so frustrated!!!

I obviously quite enjoy my life here in Hong Kong, but one of the greatest downsides has to be the awful and constantly deteriorating state of the air quality here.

I keep getting eye infections.  It's getting to the point where I'm not sure if I can wear contact lenses on a daily basis anymore.  I don't think there is any way I could wear mascara or eyeliner or eyeshadow here.  My eyes can barely hold up under the pollution onslaught; there would be no way they could ward off the deleterious effects of makeup.

I keep getting the "squishy eyeball" effect (sorry if this is TMI) where my eye becomes so irritated by the particles in the air that it turns into this slightly gelatinous goo.

It feels like something is trapped in my eye but when I push at my eyeball I realize nothing is caught in there - it is actually my eye, swollen and kind of gelatinous, that is bulging outward and irritating my eyelid, thus causing to me believe that I have something in my eye.

Seriously freaky.

And it's scary to think how bad the air quality is for it to have this effect on my eyes.  It is even scarier to think about what this really means for the people of Hong Kong… for the state of our environment today… for our earth and its future inhabitants.

No comments:

Post a Comment