Monday, October 6, 2014

A No Fuss Brunch at The Flying Pan

This weekend Michael and I went to get some eggs and breakfast fixin's at an oldie but a (pretty good) goodie, The Flying Pan.  The Flying Pan is located on Old Bailey St. next to an increasingly trendier slate of establishments - Toni & Guy, Wagyu Lounge, and the most recent addition, The Fatty Crab.
My brunch companion
In contrast to its next door neighbors, The Flying Pan is resolutely untrendy and scruffy. I love its retro feel.
I honestly never thought I'd be so happy to see such garish peach stripes and dark purple faux leather booths and turquoise tiled tables.  I can't help but feel that the scuffed, mismatched look makes the restaurant seem more legitimate - more like an authentic diner.   
The colors!  So 1970s.
The menu is very intense - pages and pages of multiple options and so many sides and pairings that they actually have a flow chart with pictures.  I should have taken a picture.

I opted for a stack of three pancakes with two scrambled eggs and bacon.  It was actually very tasty and exactly what I was craving at the moment! 
We haven't come here frequently in the past but we will definitely be back.  It's hard to fault the fast service or the plentiful menu options.  It's not fancy and it's not perfect, but it's really satisfying and the price is right (for Hong Kong), so I think that's good enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment