Friday, March 21, 2014

Singapore!

Hello, all.  It has been a while since a project or deal at work becomes so all encompassing and life consuming that I barely have time to sleep or eat, much less worry about activities like checking my personal email or, heaven forbid, blogging.  Hence my absence for eight days.  Do not worry, I am alive and well.  Tired, but better now than a day ago and steadily improving.

I am currently in Singapore for meetings and am enjoying the balmy Southeast Asia atmosphere.

This is the (strategically photographed so as to remove all evidence of construction and ugly bits) view from my hotel room.



It is currently raining, but this is the view from my perch in the business lounge in the hotel.

The first two things that struck me upon landing in Singapore were the cleanliness (wow!) and the spaciousness.  The latter sounds funny to say because Singapore is tiny, but there is space here, in the wide sidewalks and large structures and sweeping roundabouts, that just does not exist in Hong Kong.

I have been to Singapore only once previously, just about four years ago (give a month or so).  I feel like I have a different perspective now that I am here for work rather than play, but also now that I am coming not from New York but from the perspective of living in Hong Kong for over two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment