Saturday, March 22, 2014

A Sweet Surprise

I finally got around to checking my mailbox for the first time in over a week, and saw a little delivery slip requesting that I go pick up a package at the post office.

I went to the post office this morning to pick up my mysterious package (yes, post offices are open on Saturdays in Hong Kong) full of wonderment.  I kept thinking, what could this be? 


Turns out, my sister had sent me a care package, which was literally and figuratively a very sweet surprise. She knew I had been having a few rough days at work. 

 What a kind gesture! I absolutely love it. I have a sweet tooth of the worst order and just love strawberry shoelaces, candy straws, sour straws, lollipops, gummies...and these are not always easy to locate in Hong Kong, so this is a much appreciated surprise.

The only one I probably won't be eating with enthusiastic gusto is the scorpion lollipop she sent me...



 
The hard part now will be exercising the discipline not to consume all of this in one afternoon while at my desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment