Thursday, April 12, 2012

Z-z-zoo

We live near the Hong Kong Zoological and Botanical Gardens.  I'd taken note of it during my very first week here, and we've been running inside and taking shortcuts walking through parts of the gardens for a while now.  But we hadn't actually properly toured the complex during the day to wander through the exhibits.

My curiosity was piqued one night when I heard the most magnificent squawking while jogging through - and caught glimpses of hot pink...flamingos!  I was further intrigued when I heard throaty swampy gurgles while walking along the other side of the road on another night.  What animals were these?

Well, yesterday we put my curiosities to rest.  Catching the calm of the late afternoon / early evening, we strolled into the lovely plaza with fountain and lots of flowers.



The flamboyant flamingos.  Very cool birds but they sure smelled bad.
Can you spot the mating bullfrogs?  It was their vigorous croaking that I 'd heard.
My favorite bird.  He was plump and rocked a glorious plumage.  Check out that tail!
A most halcyon setting
The best part of this whole thing?  It's completely free!  What a perk.

1 comment: