Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Holiday

I find myself constantly marveling at how quickly time is passing here.  The first week of April in Hong Kong worked out well this year with vacations, with Chingming festival on Wednesday, April 4, and Friday and Monday, April 6 and 9 respectively, as holidays for Easter.  We didn't have much planned and instead decided to take it easy these past few days.  Below, some of our activities:

English mass at St. Joseph's Church on Easter Sunday.  The structure was so packed it was standing room only - we were in the very back on the upper balcony, watching the ceremony via a television monitor dangling precariously from the ceiling.  Out of respect for the services, I did not take any pictures while inside.  The people streaming out of the church before our service should give you an idea of how popular the services were.  We noticed that about 90% of the churchgoers were Filipina.  All I could think about was how much of a fire hazard the whole situation was.

People, people every where

Digging the 1970s baby blue
After our services, we went to eat congee at our very favorite spot, Wai Kee.  I discovered this place on my very first morning in Hong Kong.  Clearly my stomach, even when jet lagged and in a new country, will not fail me.

A view of our beloved Wai Kee from the street
Our staples: beef congee, fish congee, and rice cruller

No comments:

Post a Comment