Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bangkok and Luang Prabang

After all of our diligent planning and researching, we are headed to Bangkok tomorrow!  We leave at the crack of dawn (because I figure why not maximize a vacation and squeeze every possible second out of it if you can?  Yes, clearly I struggle with the concept of vacations, especially that whole relaxing-and-going-with-the-flow bit) and I fully intend to maximize the two days we have in the City of Angels by eating my way through plates of pad thai, stacks of banana pancakes and bowls of curry. 

We will be at the TenFace Boutique hotel in Bangkok for a night, then we plan to catch a sleeper train to the Thailand-Laos border our second night.  From there, we will navigate the border crossing at Nong Khai, head into Vientiane, then finally land in Luang Prabang, a sleepy UNESCO treasure located at the confluence of the Mekong and Nam Khan rivers.  I doubt I will be blogging much while traipsing through the urban jungle that is Bangkok or while lazing along the Mekong, but rest assured I will be snapping lots of pictures and noting our experiences for vibrant posts brimming with color when we return!


No comments:

Post a Comment