Saturday, April 14, 2012

Happy Hours

Hong Kong is not short of happy hours.  On Thursday I went to Sassy Hong Kong's happy hour for women, which was fun for meeting some new transplants to the city.  It was held at Libertine, a charming little bar that reminds me of what one might stumble upon on the Lower East Side - if the LES were full of streets at forty-five degree angles and brisket noodle shops and a cobbler smoking his cigarette while squatting on a stool.
Courtesy of Timeout Hong Kong
I then accompanied my friend to an opening cocktail party for her co-worker's sister's jewelry line.  It was in a very cute boutique, Alexa + Todd, and chilled wine and canapés were served.

On Friday, Michael and I went to the Princeton Happy Hour at the Fringe Club, housed in the Foreign Correspondent's Club on Lower Albert Road.  They have a somewhat hidden, nice roof deck with   leafy green plants and solid wood furniture.  I very much liked the juxtaposition of lawn furniture and leafy fronds surrounded by the glistening, towering lights of Central.

The Fringe Club

A view from the top

No comments:

Post a Comment