Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Fun Family Times

You may have noticed a significant uptick in my blog posts for the first half of this month - it's because Lola's activities have resumed for the most part! 

My parents are leaving next Monday, heading for Taiwan.  Their trip here, initially planned to be about two months long, morphed into nearly four months.  And what a wonderful four months it has been.  Al and Teo both grin and kick their feet eagerly in recognition and delight when they see their grandparents.  And Lola has gotten so comfortable with them that she requests popo to put her to sleep during her afternoon naps.  I think it will be really tough for everyone when they leave.

I've hired a photographer to come and do a photo shoot for us in our apartment this weekend (our last weekend together)!   I'm looking forward to it because family photos are such a treasure and good ones with little kids are so hard to come by.  It's such a rare opportunity for my parents to be here that I would love a special way to memorialize this period.  Although I dread how hard it will be to wrangle Lola to do anything during the shoot...

The boys have been venturing out quite a bit now - at least once a day and usually twice.  They are so cute and will hold hands.  Teo is always the one that reaches out and grabs his brother's face.  It's adorable.

We went together to Maggie & Rose this past Sunday and got some great pictures.  It was such a lovely time and I'm so glad we all got the time to hang out before my parents leave.

 
Hehe, just for kicks - an inside peek into what it's like to take pictures with the Lola. 
 
 
 There were a few times when Al tried to bite Teo's head/ear.  Or was it the other way around?  Oh, brotherly affection.
My mom beat my dad at air hockey, 3 to 0, woot woot!
 Lola was a teacher (Miss Annie) and made us all sit and listen to her read (she isn't reading quite yet, but she does know her letters) and then get up and dance.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment